Friday, September 2, 2011

The Shoes

After searching and searching and more searching.... I finally found my wedding shoes. (I think).

I'm indecisive, but if you know me at all then that's definitely not a surprise. On with the shoe search story...

First I found a pair of awesomely cute pale pink Franco Sarto shoes at Goodwill. The best part was that they were only $8!  They were just missing the "Wow!" factor. So I DIYed them and made them pink and glittery. (I'll have to do a tutorial on that in the future, I suppose).

Anyway... then, based on a number of factors, I decide they weren't the shoe. I thought maybe I wanted a fuschia shoe. Then I thought maybe a brown shoe, or an ivory shoe, or a gold shoe. I couldn't decide. I just knew that A) I wanted something I'd be proud to have pictures taken of on the day of my wedding. and B) I wanted to really LOVE them and be excited about them. What can I say.... I loves me some shoes.

So, I went on the hunt. Do you know how hard it is to find a size 10 (or even a size 9 or 9 1/2 for that matter)   fuchsia, peep-toe, slingback shoe with less than a 4 inch heel for under $50???? Well... now that I've said all the requirements out loud in type it does sound a bit demanding.  It was definitely a needle/haystack type of situation.

One day a few weeks ago I was out shopping, like I normally do on Saturdays while the fiance is working (I have an addiction to shopping. Seriously... I need to be cut off), and I meandered into Marshall's. I didn't go there for any particular reason. Browsing and window shopping is my favorite hobby after all. As usual I scanned the shoe wall and something sparkly caught my eye. They were peep-toes! They were slingbacks! They were less than 4 inches tall! They were not fuchsia (darnit, I was on a roll). But they were even my size!

The best part is that they are Nine West shoes and on clearance for a glorious $15! Freaking Score!

I snatched them up even though I wasn't 100% convinced in that moment that they were the shoe, but I did know that if I let them slip away I'd regret it.  Now, I love them even more as the days go on (man, I sound way TOO into shoes. lol).

So.... without further adieu, here they are:


The picture doesn't do them justice, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.   :-)



3 comments:

Anna said...

I big red pink heart you and the shoes!

Tonja said...

The picture doesn't do them justice but they are so super pretty! And ya know, if after the wedding you need someone to shoe sit them for you, I will gladly volunteer my size 10 feet to do the job.

Unknown said...

Hii...Thanks for sharing it...
Wedding Table Linens